Bad meet greet : Swingers Discussion 1095671031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Bad meet greet
TOPIC: Bad meet greet
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 41   End
User Details are only visible to members.
First Let me say Curiousmichigancouple you are a gorgeous woman and you would have no problem tlking to us. The woman in here are very beautiful. Wendy and I go to meet and greets and let me tell you it can be horrible to feel the odd couple out. Most of the times we laugh at what we call the beautiful people because they try so hard to look noticed and quite frankly we can have fun with anyone that is real and caring and the sex is best when meeting people at a meet and greet that can become the best of friends its either meet and greets or parties that you get to meet more than one couple at a time so we brave them.

Ladson SC
Username hidden
(1 post)
We are exactly the same way. Jay never meets a stranger, he trips me out with how he will just walk up to people and start talking. I'm more reserved and shy at first like you are Gina but I guess thats good at me, yanks me out of my comfort zone every now and again lmao.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
We would rather not be with people who HAVE to get drunk in order to do anything, and there are plenty of those around. We figure if it's something we wouldn't do sober, completely sober, then it's not something we should do.

And hey, there have been PLENTY of times neither of us are drinking anything, and we always have a great time at parties. Alcohol may loosen a bit, but it shouldn't push you beyond your own limits. They always say at clubs not to over indulge, and we think it's good advice...besides, you want to remember it!!!

We both like to drink, though, and take turns if we are driving.

Keep going to clubs. We don't always care for the Meet and Greets because nothing much ever happens. We'd rather go to the events and parties...we're more sexual than social.

I make myself talk to new people, and try to draw people out of themselves. It's hard sometimes to force myself to do that, but once I do, it's easier and easier to learn to initiate things.

People think I'm very social, and I do really like people, but I have to "force myself" to make that first contact. It's easier with Dan around, as he's always my safety net, or sense of security (but he's one of those quiet ones sometimes), but just knowing he's there helps in the confidence.

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
We have always been shy at first but then we jump right in and get to talking to people.But if the only acknowledge you for that moment then go back to what they were doing then,they are what we call lookyloos..they come to these things because its something naughty..and they NEVER really were going to PARTICAPATE!?!?Oh no! So dont feel bad about going to meet and greets if they people there dont wanna know you then ITS their loss not yours..That is the way we always look at it.We find out that ALOT of couples go to swingers events to 1)See what it is about..2)See if there is someone HOTTER then their mate..3)Maybe ACTUALLY doing something after they are sooo drunk they feel compelled by their mate to DO SOMETHING..Just take those meet and greet for what they are worth..If you meet someone great if not it is ALWAYS a learning experience..KattNJohn

Christmas FL
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Oh yes, its very intimidating going into a new place where everyone are friends and feel comfortable unless the group is really welcoming like Frog's group. Jay and I have been doing this for a while now and I was intimidated myself at walking in to complete strangers. And you are right, if hubby was just not feeling good that happens as well. Don't stress over it girlie, just relax. The next time you see these people you have already met and they will respond more to you I think. And if not screw them! LOL. But I guarantee you there are people out here who you will make friends with and have fun with.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Agreed! Try again, at a different club or venue. You will find your comfort level if you put some effort into this. Don't get discouraged. We keep our expectations at a lower level when-ever we go to a new place. Remember, the best sex will always be between the two of you, save your high expectations for that! Bob

Des Plaines IL
Username hidden
(45 posts)
Addendum to my being a dumb ass: It will take Jay and myself time to get to know people. Duhhhh. LOL

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
We just went to our first meet & greet and it was terrible. It seemed like everyone already knew everyone and we were just hanging out. We met two nice couples, but no real chemistry with anyone. I am now left just feeling bad about myself. Like I'm not attractive enough for anyone to be interested. It actually all felt a little cliquey (is that even a word?). Has anyone else had that experience with meet and greet's as a new couple?"

LOL its ironic because we had that experience last night at a club, the first time we went to that club actually. Given we were expecting this though, this club has a reputation in Austin for being ultra cliquey. But we heard that its a nice club and have been meaning to try it (and we got a free year membership saving us $100 lol). So we go and it sounds like what you experienced. Given I think there is etiquette that new couples don't walk around with confidence but I don't give a shit....I don't have time for shit I'm there to dance and have fun. So my confident ass found a table and started dancing and having fun. I have to say though, it felt completely like we were not a part of the crowd. However, you must be patient. This is expected because they are friends and you must make friends in order to have friends. It just takes time girl. Just like it will take Jay a few times to go to the club and chill before we get to know people it will be the same way for y'all. Now I'm not saying that people have any right to make you feel like shit. I looked at your pic and I think you are a gorgeous woman. I don't think they did not want you there girl...remember that just as you are shy others are as well. It just takes the confidence to walk up, shake their hand and introduce yourself to them. Be patient and be yourself, you'll do great I think.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
new people and places can be hard. specially when trying to get know vibe and feel of the people there.

In our group we really strive to pull new people into the banter and chat. though some that have been seem to be bound and determined above and aloof. seems those people never come back.

I like to think i have one of most friendly safe playgroups in DFW, So Curious if ya ever get down this way give us a shout i would love to get in your comfort zone. ~Wink~

Hutchins TX
Username hidden
(188 posts)
Yeah going out is hard, I have to admit we are usually one of the ones who stand around in groups and only talking to the people we know. Its not because we are stuck up and don't want to meet new people it because we are shy and its hard for us to meet new people.

Sometime we will go out without the big group just to try to force ourselves to meet new people and talk to someone new. I find that most people are waiting for people to talk to them first, so my suggestion would be try the meet and greet again. When you go sit near a couple and introduce yourself and start talking. I have found in this lifestyle that most people are very friendly and are willing to chat.

Mrs Voya

Detroit MI
Username hidden
(418 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 41   End
TOPIC: Bad meet greet