Bad meet greet : Swingers Discussion 1095671021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Bad meet greet
TOPIC: Bad meet greet
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 41   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If they're that drunk, they can't always perform well anyway.

G.

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(5605 posts)
Hahah Gina and I are so alike. Must be the Gemini association. Which is scary, but there you go. With me, sober I am a reserved person. Honestly I can come across as aloof I think...I'm not, I am just shy and reserved. After a few drinks I'm much more open and giggly, like G said. Now Jewel you are dead on correct. If you must be drunk you should not be here. If you cannot be here sober you need to evaluate why you are here. For me though, a glass of wine does help. It helps me relax and not be so reserved. When we play both Jay and I do not drink heavily. For one, especially if you play in separate rooms, you need to be sober enough to have your wits about you. And I don't want to play with someone who has beer goggles on and only F'd me because he was drunk.....and I'm sure he feels the same way.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23964 posts)
The thing about drinking is that it usually accelerates your own personality. For Dan, he gets more laid back, for me I get more...um...easy I guess! (usually giggly) The trick is to limit yourself just to a couple in orderto enjoy yourself best. We do have friends who cannot do anything in the lifestyle unless they drink. We think that's a sad statement on them, actually.

BUT, I don't think that's what Shel meant about the courage to compliment a guy. I would imagine, yes, it brings about a boldness, not a drunk-ness. Anyway, not here to argue drinking/sober playing. Most meet and greets are at bars though.

I think we may the kind of couple to shake up the "norms" that you all are discussing here. We can talk to anyone. Also, just because we talk to people, we do NOT expect to also play with them later, and we don't set up anything like that so that we would give that impression about us either (although, yes, I agree, that seems to be the expectation). Feelings get hurt and disappointments set in that way. Our very first hotel party was a couple years ago and an older couple that we weren't physically attracted to, helped us know where things were, etc., and we remained friendly with them ever since. They were fun to talk to, had great stories, and seemed to be our "down time" when we just wanted to observe the crowds and talk. I don't know if they expected to play with us or not, we were flirty, but we're just like that anyway, and so were they.

At any rate, and this is lengthy enough, we wished that people would drop all those masks of phoniness and just be friendly to everyone. We all are the "newbies" at some point, and to just have a conversation doesn't have to mean anything more. Too bad when people don't "get" that.

Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(5605 posts)
i quess if i was put in those situations as a new person at a meet/greet my attitude would quite simply be if you don't want to know me as a person or fellow human being......... fuck ya i don't want to pleasure you

Foxboro MA

Username hidden
(6 posts)
Thats what I do Gina. If you like her boots say hey girl, I love those boots. Tats, hair, whatever you see and like. After a couple shots I'll walk up to a man and say some crazy shit like "I just want to tell you what a handsome ass man you are"...but I don't do that sober heehee.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23964 posts)
I have to sometimes "force myself" to go and talk to people. I think most think that I am very social and out going, but sometimes I have to make myself go and talk to people. It's always reaped good rewards though. Just pay someone a compliment (be sincere, not phoney), ask a question, etc. Most people have also been in your shoes, and most people are pretty nice, actually.

I do love people, enjoy talking to them, and can talk to anyone once I make that initial move to do so. that's the hardest part, but just "do it."

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(5605 posts)
Usually we do m&g's as a pre-club "happy hour" so to speak vs. the main part of the night. I have enjoyed them. But then again, we are more social people in that capacity, I like eating a good meal and acting silly lol. If you are the type that is more shy yeah, I could see how you probably would not like them because you have all of these people right there. It kind of feels like an interview so they can make you nervous in that regard as well lol.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23964 posts)
We've taken to just inviting people out to karaoke or something rather than going to slated "meet and greets." I guess I can honestly say we've never really been to a true "meet and greet," as advertised on events sites. The exception would be the day before a hotel party, they will advertise a place to go as a get together before the event, and even at those, we already know a lot of the people.

So, I'm not so great at giving advice to people who've experienced a bad meet/greet, but I will say that I can advise you to just go somewhere to hang out, have fun w/ your SO, and don't worry about it. Just because people are swingers doesn't always mean that they are also friendly and polite. Just read the forums and you'll see that! hahaha.

If you see someone on sls that you'd like to meet, email them, invite them out to a public place. We pretty much forgo dinners out with new couples anymore b/c 1. no one has time and 2. people have kids and can't just get away and 3. it's really an investment of time. We have, however, invited people to Busch Gardens, karaoke, clubs, comedy clubs, etc., and that way, yes you get to meet them for the first time, but there is also not that awkwardness of sitting across the table from someone when you may not have all that much in common with them. If you go to fun places with more people, then you have an outlet and don't have to feel that you have to hold up a conversation or interest.

Just been successful lately for us.

Gina and Dan

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(5605 posts)
Mi, yes its very intimidating. The club we have been going to in Austin is known for being "cliquish". And it earns its reputation lol. We have gone now about 4 times and we are starting to make friends. You just need to go and have fun. We have lots of fun, this is one reason why my ass got the boot at the bar on Sat. LMFAO. We do have fun. Heehee.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23964 posts)
Sensual you are RIGHT on the being the odd men out lmao. I usually am ummmmm....well I'm usually running behind because I curl my hair and take too much time doing my prep shit lmao. So we're usually flying out of the door. We went to one M&G and we were like almost the last there. We didn't get to sit at the main table, we were off to the side haha....it was like being at the kids table at Thanksgiving lmao.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23964 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 41   End
TOPIC: Bad meet greet