Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › B.B.W. › Are any men interested
TOPIC: Are_any_men_interested
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 23  Next »
42 to 51 of 229
User Details are only visible to members.
IMHO he was plenty explicit in his original statement.

Not everything is loaded with inferences and secret messages.

re: this sub-topic: Adieu.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26012 posts)
You got confirmation from him that he's only talking about people that starve themselves? Was this through a private email because I saw no such definitive clarification in this thread.

As we know, sometimes exact inference of meaning can be lost through written word. I can see how you read it in the manner you translated it. I can also see how we got our translation. Simply stated, people need to consider how what they actually write is coming across. Sometimes there can be multiple interpretations.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4603 posts)
Some women do starve themselves to be thin. He is explicitly talking about those. To extend that to mean he has a dislike for fit women is an awful big stretch don't you think?

Not everything is loaded with inferences and secret messages.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26012 posts)
I can live with that I guess.

It's the implication that thin women have to starve themselves to be thin that bothers me as I do view it as shaming, just as I would view someone that believes all heavier people gorge themselves and are lazy as shaming.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4603 posts)
If you think that "Stick woman, those who have to starve themselves to keep thin" is "fit shaming", then I think all we can do is agree to disagree.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26012 posts)
"Stick woman, those who have to starve themselves to keep thin are not fun to be with."

Va - Um, it's kind of right there ^^^ His belief that thin women are sticks and not fun. I'm assuming you have never been called names because you are thin. I have, my whole life. I'm lucky to have a naturally high metabolism and I also have a good diet and like to be active. However, I certainly don't starve myself, in fact I eat a lot, and enjoy indulging in foods I like

I have been always thin and people seemed to think it was fine to call me skinny, twiggy, stick, anorexic, tell me they "hated me", etc...If I took any sort of offence people would brush it off and say I was lucky...Lucky? Lucky to be called names and have my feelings on the matter dismissed?

Now, I get that this is the BBW forum and that people that tend to post in here aren't into thin women...that's fine. BUT it's not fine when thin/fit bashing is the norm and accepted. No sort of body shaming is acceptable any more than racist/classist remarks are acceptable.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4603 posts)
"VA, his implication is that thin women, (or the opposite of thick women) are sticks "

Disagree entirely. I think you're inferring an implication that isn't there.

But that's what's behind most of our arguments on here, isn't it?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26012 posts)
VA, his implication is that thin women, (or the opposite of thick women) are sticks and goes on to insult thin women.

It's fine if someone says they have a preference for thick or heavy or BBW but to insult women who aren't is simply ridiculous. Switch the terms and you will see my point.

"I would rather go thick than be with a stick. Stick woman, those who have to starve themselves to keep thin are not fun to be with."

I would rather be with a thin woman than thick. Thick women, those that have to gorge themselves to keep thick are not fun to be with.

IMO, both statements are equally offensive.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4603 posts)
S

Not once did he use the word "fit" and not once did you use the word "stick". You're talking about two different things.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26012 posts)
I look for you all the time, the single bbw's in my area don't respond at all. The married bbw's wants to talk but the hubby isn't interested. I find it hard to find a confidant bbw.

Username hidden
(1 post)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 23  Next »
42 to 51 of 229
TOPIC: Are any men interested
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.