Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › 3-Some › kids finding out about your life style
TOPIC: kids_finding_out_about_your_life_style
Created by: victoriabrian
Original Starting post for this thread:
What do you do when your son says "Do you belong to a Swing Site?"

Our 25 year old son was over with his wife and says to us this question and for the first time I was speechless, my husband say really fast NO, and our son says but you go to the dances right? His wife hits him and says it is none of your business what your mom and dad do.

So what do you do or say?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »
1 to 10 of 75
User Details are only visible to members.
We have been swinging (sorta) since high school, (we did one of her girlfriends together one night) we are now 64, we never hid it, didn't flaunt it either. Kids knew but didn't care. As we got older, and kids were married, they asked a few questions. Two even tried it (went to our club - that sucked) found out we were well known. We knew a head of time where they were going. They met another couple did the same room thing. Next day they told us the details, said it was OK but just not for them. Fine, but we love it. just never a big deal, they knew we loved one an other dearly.

Graceham MD
Username hidden
(112 posts)
For your kids well being put forth the image of plain boring parents. Use the dancing as the excuse when you go play. You want your kids to grow up and want to do exciting things in their lives, not just dancing all the time like their parents.

It is very important that your kids see you are happy secure parents that do boring things so they will want to leave the nest and prove themselves to be more exciting then their parents.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(7581 posts)
Well put

Brooklyn NY
Username hidden
(17 posts)
I read a few posts. I have thought about that being I have 2 kids but of course they're too young right now less than 2 yrs of age. But I notice seniors on here or even as young as 40 you can have adult children by that age. So I wondered how I would react if my kids found out but even worse what if they got into swinging and joined the same site and either come across each other's profiles or bump into each other at a swing club? That would have to be the most awkward moment ever

Brooklyn NY
Username hidden
(17 posts)
We've been out as non-monogamous to our children for 20 years.

My present wife was my ex-wife and my girlfriend for a couple of years, so it was kinda hard to conceal.

That being said, we don't advertise to them or anyone else...

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22853 posts)
She skipped a grade graduated high school at 16. Like the rest of my kids they are ready and eager to head out to be on their won at this time in tier lives. Plus my daughter made the Santa Barbara water polo team and was eager to get to college level play.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(7581 posts)
16 years and she couldn’t tolerate any more, bless her heart........ for making it 16 years.

:-P

~Allen

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(3031 posts)
thats a bad policy. Kids need to believe that their parents are their rock their place when they need help. they must believe that their parents are the most boring parents in the world just to have a good relationship when they get married.

But then that's why our adult children dont live at home and all have good jobs with good relationships with women. My daughter in college is out of the house doing great starting at 16.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(7581 posts)
A puppy pile generally from what I have learned is a group of ladies playing together.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2590 posts)
our policy has always been, if they're old enough to ask, they're old enough to know the truth.

Fair Oaks CA
Username hidden
(28 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »
1 to 10 of 75
TOPIC: kids finding out about your life style
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.