Paid vs Free : Swingers Discussion 2053651021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral Discussions3-SomePaid vs Free
TOPIC: Paid vs Free
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 30 
User Details are only visible to members.
Plus you are in SoCal which is Mecca for for single women and couples who play separately. Also, you have a lot of meet and greets with SW in Orange County that you can contact with a paid membership. The investment will pay off. You guys should have no problem picking up play mates.

Covina CA
Username hidden
(99 posts)
We finally got tired of free members they all want to exchange photos off the site and it just becomes a pain the ass...so we blocked free members..if they want to contact us they can become a paid member...

Covington LA
Username hidden
(123 posts)
Or just reverse what they are doing now. Allow them To view profiles but have to sign up to communicate.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
I will say that on another site we do not bother with free members

I agree that free members should have some restrictions on any site obviously.

But what really irritates me on the other site. They allow Free members to communicate But they do not allow them to view the profiles of the people they are communicating with.

I get tired of answering the question" What are you guys looking for?" When we already laid it out in a 2000 word profile.

Personally instead of offering the free restricted membership I would rather them offer a full access trial period. I think that would do more to increase membership.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
There you go.

Holly hit it right, they don't call them "unicorns" for no reason.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(499 posts)
Since your profile is just looking for single women and that is the smallest group on SLS, you will have a very limited pool if you also exclude free members. Since single women tend to be a sought after commodity on here, not all feel the need to pay for a membership.

I encourage you to open your profile to couples as well. There are many that only soft swap and/or seek FF play so you'll have more opportunities to meet interesting like-minded people if your profile is open to couples.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
"The thing is we have a paid account, partially for the flexibility and also for the impression we are serious about this. We can invest a 6 month $50 investment, to us seems like not a big deal and shows at least to us we are serious as a moderate meal."

Seems like you answered your own question. If you are serious, pay for a membership. We have had paid members that did not show up, but we think the odds are better with paid members.

We are not even sure what you are looking for since your profile is blocked from couples. All of your replies have come from couples. You will probably miss more compatible people and friendly meetings that way than being worried about paid/free.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(499 posts)
We were free for a long time. Then we had a 1 year membership. Then we were free again. I missed alot of the options of being a paid member such as posting in forums and what not. I looked at it as being a lifetime member is best bang for your buck. As for paid vs free we never noticed any difference as far as people contacting us and meeting but we are a rather blunt pair and if someone sends us a message we say great lets meet this weekend and you pretty much know who is a flake by then.

New Braunfels TX
Username hidden
(39 posts)
We did a free one at first to see if it was for us, what it was like, etc. Kind of like a "try before you buy" in 2006 when we began on here. Then, paid one. That way we could reassess how it was working for us each year when the time was up.

Then, when we moved, we went ahead and got lifetime, it was worth it in the long run, even if someday we don't participate. We could just remove our info, etc.

So, it's up to you, but you might miss out on some very nice people if you ban free profiles. Or, just look at each profile individually and see whether or not they've been on here a long time as a free member or not. If they're free and only been on for a few months, they're probably just getting their feet wet.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
After years on here. Until you brought this up, i dont think i have ever noticed who was paid or free

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 30 
TOPIC: Paid vs Free