NO SINGLE MEN!!! except (not a rant) : Swingers Discussion 203276
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral Discussions3-SomeNO SINGLE MEN!!! except (not a rant)
TOPIC: NO SINGLE MEN!!! except (not a rant)
Created by: nmanno5
Original Starting post for this thread:
We've seen this in profiles and it's been discussed here in the forums ad nauseam. I'm not interested in discussing that, specifically. Instead, I'm interested in discussing something I've been experiencing more and more, and that is couples who explicitly say in their profile that they have no interest in single men, and then they contact me, a single male. Trust me, I'm not complaining. I'm just curious about the rationale behind the statement. I've asked couples about this and I've never received a straight answer. I have my suspicions:

- they use it to discourage SMs from messaging them, so they can pick without being bothered - desires change over time - just want to try it once - (less likely, but possible) husband wrote that statement, but wife is sneaking around

Any thoughts on this?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 55   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"That pic is adorable. "

I need you around when I'm on a long winded rant to do just what that comment did! :)

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7500 posts)
I have thick skins on sale on ebay I will give a discount to whiny SLS members. Why not some of them are my best tin foil hat customers... :-D

PS today only I will include a pair of rose colored glasses.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19448 posts)
*** I used to be quite the people pleaser. How I've learned that that kind of life just isn't productive or happy.***

Good girl! :)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16860 posts)
I also don't give a rat's ass when some knucklehead on the forum is abusive toward me. It's clear there are newbies who ARE sensitive to abuse and ridicule, and who avoid the forums because of regular disparaging remarks from a few posters.

This is a two part process: 1) An unfriendly member ridicules or otherwise heckles the new poster. 2) No one reprimands the heckler for his/her bad behavior; implying that it's OK, it's par for the course, that's how we do it here, take it or leave it.

Therefore, most people just stop posting, and IMO the fora are less enjoyable for everyone. That's why I called out the primary perpetrators for what they are: deliberate saboteurs of pleasant discourse.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
That pic is adorable.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
I don't block anyone (except one pervert who just annoys me from VA), but I will say that I post without regard for being "afraid" of people in here. Most of you I will never meet. Some of you I've met and adore and would love to see again. Some of you have become good friends. Some of you I know because I've had fun with you. And some of you I would truly hope to meet. There just really is no reason, beyond narcissism, to believe someone is out to get you in the forum, and that someone really truly cares THAT MUCH about what anyone else posts. We all have lives outside SLS (well, okay, we DO!) and have no time for worrying about what someone else might post. Who cares??

If you don't like a certain poster, block so you don't have to be bothered with them, and move on! If your posts bother someone, block if you want to, don't if you don't. Whatever. I used to be quite the people pleaser. How I've learned that that kind of life just isn't productive or happy. I will still try to keep peace, or be a peacemaker, that's my nature, but not to the detriment of my own peace and happiness. Not anymore. I simply don't care anymore if everyone in here likes me or not. Read my posts, don't read my posts, whatever.

Personally, I will just skip over posts that do not pertain to me, those which are uninteresting or overly whining, and those that make no sense. Not a sociopath, but maybe I'm a bit of a psychopath.

I don't care who likes me or not in here. I have deleted some posts because they've stirred up something, but it's to keep the peace in here and to squelch things from becoming obsessively negative. Fueling the fire, fanning the flame. I don't want to do that. Why should I? I'd rather let those posts burn themselves out. Same as I did when I left my ex 11 years ago. I let the stories about me fly on their own, didn't say a word in my defense. Truth has a way of coming out, and pathological liars (of which he was chief) and others who are self centered have a way of messing up after a while and showing their true colors. That happens a lot in here, I notice. Someone posts, stirs the pot, then leaves all the fora and you never see him again, until maybe years later, bringin back a long ago post and trying to get newer people all worked up. AND NO THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE PERSONALLY IN HERE. God forbid someone sees himself and thinks grandiosely that this is about you. LIke the song, "Youre so Vain," you'll probably think this post is about you, won't you, won't you?

Blocking and deleting are ways to give the posts little or no importance and to ward off excessive rehashing of a point. For me, it's easy enough to scroll past them. Some of them are a bit entertaining.

BTW, there are a lot of great single guys. We take our time before first meeting them, but we've met some stellar people here.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7500 posts)
I just realized that you wont see it FJ ;). I blocked him, so he wont be able to see what I posted. Better that way. I can not deal with overly hairy, old dudes whining.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16860 posts)
"Akron, Cincy was right a while ago"

Cincy is always right.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4027 posts)
The courts might hold you liable if he has a heart attack.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
I am not blocking broken chain just yet. I want to see one more implosion first.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19448 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 55   End
TOPIC: NO SINGLE MEN!!! except (not a rant)