Do people even read your profile : Swingers Discussion 1971971041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral Discussions3-SomeDo people even read your profile
TOPIC: Do people even read your profile
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 58   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Being a respectful, older, solo, discreet, closeted bi man, I browse profiles of couples, unattached women and bi men within 50 miles. I focus first on their interest level in men and the age range of men they seek before I even read their profiles. 95% of the time when I proceed further, I read something in their profile that tells me I'm not their type of man and I do not attempt contact. The 5% of the time I read something in their profile that invites me to contact them, I'll send an email or initiate a chat, regardless of whether they've posted pics, asking politely for them to look at my profile and reply if they might be interested in meeting for drinks/dinner. 99% of those times I never get a response (because I don't post pics). The 1% of those times I do get a response and we arrange a meeting for drinks/dinner..then 99% of those times we do end up in bed ! Ah..here's to serendipity and takin' a chance on romance :)

Kennesaw GA
Username hidden
(239 posts)
Less than 10% read the profiles. I wonder why we bother.

Just had a humerous one. After asking this hubby in numerous emails and chat conversations whether he had read my profile and having the question deflected or ignored each time, we were to meet tonight. I ask a final time and the response was "You can explain everything to my wife over drinks."

I had to laugh especially as he then wrote that there would be no sex unless we succeeded in getting the wife drunk. The getting drunk part stopped me from meeting as I've more attractive options for the night. But that delicious moment when the wife realizes that her husband has read my profile and has brought her to me anyway is always priceless.

Willoughby OH
Username hidden
(123 posts)
I always read profiles completely. Usually I find that couples do not want to be contacted out-of-the-blue by single males, so I don't bug them.

Rockford IL
Username hidden
(37 posts)
If you skim then dont be surprised when you get no response.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2190 posts)
I like emails to be a bit more specific than just the "Hi, I read your profile, I'm etc etc" Point out something. If you can make me laugh, you're probably 80% there. I like wit, intelligence, a bit of cockiness/confidence, and something that makes you stand out a bit, and/or a sincere compliment. Someone today in an email complimented the way my hair frames my face, said it looked nice. That person got a reply back asap. That wasn't the only thing, but when an email is very generic/boring, I'll let it sit for a while before replying back.

Here is the last part of our profile. I can usually tell if a single male has read it:

SINGLE GUYS: if you have respected us enough to take the time to read through the whole profile, we are sometimes interested, but only if you are patient and have a good rapport with her husband. Be a gentleman online and confident in the bedroom. Do not expect an instant gratification meeting tonight, and no whiny, desperate men.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7367 posts)
A bit of a guy's perspective might shed some light here. While this account is our couples profile, I also maintain a single profile.

First, let me say that I do usually take the time to read the profile. However, it can be very time consuming and I have been known to skim. If I see anything that makes me think there might be a bit of mutual interest, I will fire off an email. Now, the vast majority of these are met with no response. So the incentive to read carefully is limited.

Now, extrapolating from this, a lot of guys might just fire off emails basically carpet bombing for responses. If they get a hit, then they hope to build from there?

Redmond WA
Username hidden
(29 posts)
TotalBabe, You really hit the nail on the head with lots of positive comments. I couldn’t help but go to your profile, and read more of the same … very positive and well written. Everything you write is refreshing. Your certs are equally complimentary of you. Good job!

Chester NJ
Username hidden
(283 posts)
Babe. You said it.

I work as a salesman. In business I try to learn as much as I can about who Im going to contact before I contact them. Then I use that information to get in the door and become friends. Once that happens, the sale is easy. Everyone would buy from a friend before they would someone who just called and left a phone number.

No different in this game.

We do all the research for you. We tell you about us in the profile, we tell you want we are "looking to buy"

On a daily basis we get emails from guys who "have the product in stock" and we want to buy it.

But it would be like me walking in someones office, throwing my card on their desk and saying....."Here, buy this" The customer doesnt know what color it is, what the description is, whether or not it will work for them, or have much of a clue of what Im selling. Yet I tell them, here, buy it NOW.

Whats different than when we get a profile with no pics, a description that is different than what we want and a short one line "Hey, shes hot, lets meet"?

There is nothing there to grab our attention.

Start off with saying.

Hi. I read your profile.

Then add in some key points that we hit on in our profile......

Im John, 28 and bi curious. I live locally and would be interested in meeting a couple to explore some fun with. Im available nights and weekends to meet and would be happy to grab a drink and see if we all like eachother.

Just to let you know, Im new at this so if we could chat a little bit online before we meet to calm my jitters, I would appreciate it. I dont want to rush very quick and get cold feet at the last minute.

Attached are some pics of me (face)

My chat name is xxxxxxx I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

Now we would respond to an email like that 100% of the time. Even if someone isnt a perfect match, many times we have bent our "requirements" because even though they werent exactly what we had in mind, they came across as real and fun.

So a guy thats a couple years out of our age range.....Or "straight but curious" or maybe not the perfect underwear model.......They would not be treated rudely or automatically declined.

But they have to sell us.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
The tradeoff between a short, concise profile and one that describes all that you want someone to know is difficult to find. Your profile (and your pictures) are your only chance to make a good first impression. I edit my profile almost every day. As it gets too long, the challenge becomes how to say it, but in fewer words. The print face on the delete key on my keyboard is wearing out.

Chester NJ
Username hidden
(283 posts)
Pd - just a theory. We are in the text / tweet era. We have found people don't appear to read and comprehend. Especially if you have a sex picture:). It is what it is for the most part. Unfortunately this site doesn't bring you "matches", just a lot of aspirational emails from people that think they are.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(6 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 58   End
TOPIC: Do people even read your profile