Courtesy : Swingers Discussion 44706101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral Discussions3-SomeCourtesy
TOPIC: Courtesy
Created by: LOOKIN20 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
I respond to virtually everyone who emails me. Once in a while, if I'm really busy, I'll just delete some of the really boneheaded ones. But I usually reply even to guys who have not read my profile and are clearly not what I want, even to idiots who send me a "wanna fuck?" email with 5 misspellings. Of course, they won't like my response very much, LOL.

I'm not sure why I feel compelled to do this, but I just think ignoring a message is kind of rude. I do think someone who sends a "form letter" mass email, or writes to someone who has clearly stated a preference they don't meet, isn't "entitled" to any response. But anybody who writes thoughtfully and appropriately deserves at least a "no thank you."

Springfield VA

Username hidden
(271 posts)
Because that's the way it is, that's the way it's always been. Don't agree with it. but that is that.

Hackensack NJ

Username hidden
(1 post)
<<on average if we would send out 10 maybe we would get 3 back>>

Well, a 30% response rate isn't all that bad. In mass mailing advertising, a THREE percent response rate is considered to be acceptable.

We sometimes fail to respond now because we've been burned in the past. There are just times when we are dealing with family needs - aged parents, adult children in need of assistance, etc. - or personal ailments, or just plain ordinary everyday job stress, and we aren't up to meeting new people when we are feeling less than "chipper."

We have found, though, that it's rare to find people who will accept an explanation of that without feeling rejected and proceeding to accuse us of being "fakes," etc.

So now we let some emails go unanswered to avoid having to deal with someone accusing us of being liars and fakes. We will give a polite explanation to the first email, but if they send further mails doubting our truthfulness we simply block them.

In fact, we're glad to have discovered that people like that have a dark side to their personalities. We feel like we're fortunate that we never bothered with them in the first place.

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
We have had problems lately with pushy people. We have always tried to send an email informing the other person that we are not interested. Leave it at that. But no....they insist on writing back and insisting that we tell them exactly why we don't want to correspond with them. Actually had one couple send about 10 emails harassing us.

So now, if we are not interested, we simply ignore the other person. It becomes very annoying to be harassed through email.

Cape Coral FL

Username hidden
(56 posts)
It happens to everyone. There is a dearth of courtesy in the world all around. I wouldn't take it much personally. People who *are* interested in you will take the time to respond and (while I didn't visit your profile so this is generic) a well written, descriptive profile does go a long way towards increasing your potential contacts. Good luck :-) pup

Farmington MO

Username hidden
(36 posts)
Hey... has anyone "Virgin Alerted" Navarre? HA HA!!! I got one!

And he's witty too!

Welcome Navarre :)

Tickled that I got one...lol Mary

Hattiesburg MS

Username hidden
(526 posts)
LOL...Navarre your good!

JoAnn

Tucson AZ

Username hidden
(7691 posts)
Lookin20, you have the advantage here because there is an incredible demand for single males. Don't even bother sending messages, just let them come to you. That minimizes the time that you will spend getting to know people with whom you don't click.

Memphis TN

Username hidden
(2768 posts)
Going by your profile I don't see a reason for you not to get a reply, But yet don't take it personal, because yes it does happen often to us couples as well.

Don't know how your email reads, but we will often skip the ones that give us those stupid one liners like" do you want to play". Etc.

Us couples prolly get 3-4 times as many emails from single guys then we do couples, single females in all 4 years and multipul sites we have ever to get 1. Statisticly you have a lot of compitition so you as a single male have to set yourself apart from the average single male.As well as keeping in mine that the couples receiving the email prolly got hit 3 times last night by single males.

Funny thing is is one bad email from 1 single male will just about ruin it for the rest, cause it seems that more often then anything else its a single male that does or says something really stupid to turn us off.

We have to love the Instant messages from the ones that are more conserned at "who is this" then a good morning or a hello. Set youir self above the rest and show people you want to understand them before you think of yourself. Like a salesman, If he knocked on your door and started the conversation on how much money he would make if you bought something opposed to how much you would like to have this handy product, the attention would be lost very fast.

So with the above said keep in mind what we see constantly and set your self apart!

Rumford ME

Username hidden
(130 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Courtesy