Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Events Texas REPLIES
TOPIC: REPLIES
Created by: kcsc5271
Original Starting post for this thread:
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO RESPOND BACK TO SAY NO THANKS ? WE TAKE THE TIME TO SEND A PERSON MAIL , YOU THINK A (NO THANKS) WOULD BE THE PROPER thing TO DO!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO RESPOND BACK ? MAYBE WE NEED TO PUT A FILE IN PROFILE ( THIS PERSON WILL NOT RESPOND ) WHAT DO YOU THANK ?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
i was raised the if you make a commitment to something, than keep that commitment .I have showed up to parties and the same thing happen ,only 2or 3 was there , there was 5 cpls and 4 singles that rsvp.If I COULD NOT make a party after I RSVP , I/WE would call the host asap, and let them know why. things do come up that can not be foreseen. ITS just rude not to call and not show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plano TX
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Ok...this isn't the same as repling to email..but it still goes along with proper ettiquette and manners. I'd like to know if I'm the only one who thinks it's rude and bad manners to RSVP to a party and then not show up? I co-hosted a party, since I invite single men, I asked that if someone had to cancel, to let me know, so I could adjust the men to women ratio...and sure enough I had 5 couples no show, and 7 men no show(see? I could have called on the guys that I had to turn down).... Planning parties at someone's home isn't like meeting a group in a public venue, to where eveyone could decide then and there if a room or two is necessary. A house party involves managing parking areas, food prep, and just maintaining a men to women ratio...Ok..I'm done...

Simonton TX
Username hidden
(82 posts)
p.s ~ regarding my lst response.... i do not use the canned messages, because life can never BE one thing or another, it is always shades in between, so because of that, I will respond with what "I " feel, not by what a computer generates as a thought process!

Palestine TX
Username hidden
(534 posts)
I have both a ' single female' ~ meaning, looking for a special female for MY playtime, and my married profile, online. I always answer unless it is TOO crass to deserve a response, (ie.... i wanna Do u...send me more pics <and they do not have ANY!> not reading profile and asking me to fly to them ~ a duh!) but it IS amazing, when you send a compliment saying how you enjoyed their profile or pics and not to even get a thank you~ Hell, I'm not making up lines or trying to get to bed someone. I simple enjoy beauty where it is found, and that can be in writing or the physical beauty of a person. So people, learn that sometimes a compliment is JUST that..... and finally, remember your basic 101 in manners ~ reply. ( skampers off of the soap box!)

Palestine TX
Username hidden
(534 posts)
I have a single female profile here and get lots of mail from people all over the country. I always take the time to read the profile and think, but whether I like what I see or not, I respond even if it with the automated reply. I have even gotten a message with nothing but a subject "Would you do me" I responded with the subject of "no" but I did respond. It is just plain rude not to let them know you read their mail. I have never gotten a rude reply back to my no thanks the only replies I get are "thanks for responding back" which in itself doesn't make sense, but I can understand it because of all the people that ignore mail.

As a couple we have written numerous other couples and gotten no response from MOST of them. To all apprearances they didn't even READ it. The people in swinging as a lifestyle should be polite enough to say "no thanks" if they aren't interested. Whether it is our pics, our profile, or you just didn't like the letter we sent, let us know that the attraction isn't there. It is perfectly acceptable to wait a day or two so your partner can look over the letter/profile and decide yea or nay.

I'll hop off my soap box now...LOL

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11 posts)
Being a single woman I get lots of messages, from both couples and men. I've given up hitting the "no thanks" button because many people write back and are very rude. Many folks think that they are being rejected, but as everyone knows, sexual personal taste is different for everyone. What turns one person on might be or BBW, or sexy toes, or red hair or whatever, and if you not into that person's profile for whatever reason, it's nothing personal. Problem is, many times it is taken personally and people get hurt or angry and respond with a nasty note.

The other issue are those people do not read the original profile. For instance, "please be in the DFW area." I get messages from people in Oklahoma, Louisiana and California. Also, "no CHEATING men," and I get, "I am married but she totally understands. Why on earth should I bother to reply to messages like these?

I find that it's much better to just unanswer messages from those who don't interest me than to reply and perhaps have to deal with some unpleasantness.

Midlothian VA
Username hidden
(1 post)
Now see? If I sent out a note to someone, and didn't get a response, I'd just assume that they weren't interested, and leave it at that. My feelings aren't hurt. Now, if they never responded to my letter, then writes several months later, I might be so inclined to just ignore them... Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that way.....lol.

I am horribly slow at returning letters sometimes. Most of the time, it's because my hubby has read the note, told me to reply, and I forgot. I try REAL hard to every once in a while clean out my inbox, so sooner or later, everyone gets answered...

Simonton TX
Username hidden
(82 posts)
hiya suzy999 :D ummssss, i DID reply back , didn't i? lol

And yes on a more serious note, a simple not thank you or not compatible is just a simple courtesy. No one likes to hurt anyones feelings and a lack of response is just as hurtful (or more so) as saying no thank you. *blows smooches and waves*

Palestine TX
Username hidden
(534 posts)
I'd like to second what kcsc commented on. Even the standard easy access no thanks button would work fine. You can see when they read it and it irks me that they can't be bothered to click a couple of buttons. We've met several great couples through this site and even the ones we haven't hooked up with...I respect that they took 5 seconds out of their busy lives to reply.

And the funny thing is, some that don't reply change their tag lines to something along the lines of "Come on!! We're ready" or "isn't anyone for real" you get my drift...lol

Ok....I feel much better now that I've vented! ;)

S (&T)

Garland TX
Username hidden
(2 posts)
We had another profile before this one that had pics on it (they are 3 years old). We received the same treatment then, so I believe it isn't the lack of pics that make people rude. Even if you suspect a profile is a single male pretending to be a couple, it is still just plain polite to respond with a no thanks.

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: REPLIES