Why do people sound so damn uptight! : Swingers Discussion 37155
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSEventsPennsylvaniaWhy do people sound so damn uptight!
TOPIC: Why do people sound so damn uptight!
Created by: youngpacouple4fun The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
Hi, Youngpacouple...

I look first at the pics... if I like them, then I read the profile... don't care if it's long or short. Some of my best friends here (and elsewhere) have "long" profiles. That doesn't bother me.

How would you describe my profile? Does it need refurbishing?

Could you give me some examples of good and better profiles posted here?

Michelle

Wailuku HI
Username hidden
(233 posts)
Sometimes a very long profile gets to be very boring to be reading; you need to save something to talk about when you meet someone or you will not have anything to talk about when you finally meet. I like a profile that says somethings about them that is interesting and catches our attention then go from there. Crystal and Nathan

Arnold PA
Username hidden
(56 posts)
Like many of us here, when we first listed at SLS we were over-whelmed by all the responses. So for a while our profile was really long and detailed, because we didn't want certain types to even ask. I respond to anyone who writes to us, so it was taking a long time to write back to people who were no where near what we wanted.

Don't know if we sounded uptight or hostile after a while; I was getting really frustrated by some of the people who would keep emailing with no pictures, who would refuse to set a date, who would be far out of our preferred age range, who would live hundreds of miles away, by single males, etc etc etc.

Now that we've been on here a couple years things are a lot slower and we get more appropriate play requests even though the profile is shorter. So I have no trouble dealing with the requests that are not even close (and after 1-2 emails with no photos of both people I refuse to answer, unless something is REALLY looking good about that profile!)

Jen

Reading PA
Username hidden
(384 posts)
Put me in the category of "Profiles from Hell", but if someone has actually read it they know exactly what my deal is and can determine if they want to contact me or not, no surprises after wasting time exchanging e-mails. E-mails that say "What are you into" drive me nuts! READ, dammit! I prefer the fleshed out profiles to the general oneliners. I've been around for a few years too, so maybe I'm just jaded by experiences good & bad.

True that I rarely get mail from attractive, intelligent, local people that have actually read my profile and want to meet, but there's always hope...

~ CAT

Mechanicsburg PA
Username hidden
(251 posts)
I haven't seen it as pervasive as you. But Mike is right - some of the folks that have been on here for a while seem to have learned that they need to spell things out pretty clearly. Check out BnKinPA as well as Atowncplpa for examples of longer profiles that clearly wrote more out of their own experience.

Dan

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(3271 posts)
P.S. Give us a lookin over,

Smiles, Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Wait till you've been here a year or more, your profile will grow, too, lol. There's reasons some profiles look demanding. You'll come to realise the reasons as you explore the lifestyle. Good luck to yas and don't let the bastards grind ya!

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Why do people sound so damn uptight!