Reading Meet and Greet October 15th : Swingers Discussion 37272
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSEventsPennsylvaniaReading Meet and Greet October 15th
TOPIC: Reading Meet and Greet October 15th
Created by: Julie30
Original Starting post for this thread:
Mark your calendars for the next Reading area M&G at the Crystal Club. Their location again is 4726 Penn Avenue, Sinking Spring, PA (610)678-9847. The party starts at 9pm, the cover is $8 and they'll be providing the same great drink specials as last time. For those of you who cannot attend this party because it's not on a Saturday night, we are still working on an alternative in the Reading area and will keep you posted on our progress. In the meantime, we hope most of you are able to join us on the 15th. Come help us get the party started, and bring a friend! :)

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 37   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We have set the next party date at the Crystal Club for Friday 11/5. Since the Mulligans M&G will be on a Saturday night, this venue will still give the folks who are only available on a Friday night the ability to attend, as well as those who are able to come either night. I hope you'll join us again...and bring your friends, the more the merrier! :)

Denver PA
Username hidden
(71 posts)
Would love to try again and again. Hope to meet some of you at next one. I hope Nov 6 has name tags of profile names so i can remember and find who is who. Thanx for all the responses it helps me to see all sides of the situation. Gecko

Kingsland GA
Username hidden
(26 posts)
Well lets see. If you could at all walk, talk, or even breathe, I would have drug you to the dance floor. I'm not sure how I could have missed these young studs out there trying to meet someone. I guess I'm just too ugly, old and feeble to have noticed them. What do all the ladies at the Reading M&G think? Should we wear our coke bottle glasses next time or better yet, bring our magnifying glasses?

Wyomissing PA
Username hidden
(38 posts)
We didn't actually go but.......

Not everyone is outgoing as others. Sometimes those that are outgoing have to realize this and make a point of taking the first step occasionally. If Michelle and I hadn't, we wouldn't have made some of the friends we've found here. Being as we're not exactly bold in any way, we understand what if feels like to go somewhere where you have to risk being turned away for some reason, be it chemistry or some other factor. Some of us aren't as well equiped to handle rejection too.

*Just trying to encourage others to see the other side of things. No offense was directed at anyone intentionally.*

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1843 posts)
In the "What's up with that category" I thought nightclubs had a dress to impress code. We saw too many T-shirts and baseball caps. That sends a quick message to us. And the result is we have no interest in you. Hell we even saw one guy there with a T-shirt with torn off sleeves.

We were not approached by any of these men, nor were we going to approach them in any way.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1432 posts)
Same here - if you had started talking with me or my wife, we'd have kept up the conversation.

... Unless, of course, you were that creepy guy in the gray shirt that purposefully bumped me and then walked back up and got in my face for a half-a-minute or so. In that case, I would have let the conversation die a merciful death.

8^)

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(3271 posts)
Sorry to hear that, Gecko...I guess we must not have been one of the people you approached. I agree with Eastern, a meet and greet is only what you make of it. Dancing is something that most people enjoy, and gives them an opportunity to socialize and have fun without an in-depth conversation. Maybe since you were able to find the club you'll give it another shot in the future. :)

Denver PA
Username hidden
(71 posts)
Iam very out going . I started at least 2 conversations and it was a dead end both times . I hope it was a age thing. Thats my way of not taking it personally. Hope to meet a more wild, loud outgoing crowd on the 6th. Gecko

Kingsland GA
Username hidden
(26 posts)
The terms are meet and greet, not be met and be greeted. Meet and greet implies thatr you are to be pro-active and extend the effort to meet and greet people. If you are going to be passive, thus waiting for others to approach you, then you usually will not have a favorable review.

In short, you control how many people you meet. The cliques you mention are people that have met either that night, or previously. You can introduce yourself and join the conversation, or you can seek out others that don't appear to be conversing with another couple, or you can bemoan the fact that no one is coming up to you.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1432 posts)
Don't really know what to say if you didn't enjoy it. We're not part of any cliques - we barely know people at these gatherings. But we go to things like this determined to have fun - whether it's with other couples, or just by ourselves. And interestingly enough, we always have fun!

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(3271 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 37   End
TOPIC: Reading Meet and Greet October 15th