The District's Eyes Wide Shut New Years Eve Ball : Swingers Discussion 170664
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSEventsNew MexicoThe District's Eyes Wide Shut New Years Eve Ball
TOPIC: The District's Eyes Wide Shut New Years Eve Ball
Created by: nmharleycpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
The District's Eyes Wide Shut New Years Eve Ball.....Our first total hotel takeover!!.....Discuss this event here.....View event

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 56   End
User Details are only visible to members.
For a few reasons that I wont be posting here, she will not be attending parties for a while. Not that i'm hiding anything, it just has nothing to do with this. However, should she attend an event in the future, she would not be there as a member of our team. She is a good friend of ours, but obviously no longer working on the parties with us.

As for the other, that may be. We once considered him a friend also. It's our hope we can get back to being on good terms with him. But it's not up to us at this point. We have extended the olive branch, and are acting in good faith. Perhaps he will as well. That just hasnt been the case since we started the District back up in 09. If by some chance we're wrong, we'll be the first to admit it. Publicly. I think everyone is agreed that "calling people out" is a coward hiding behind a fake profile. People make mistakes and we are no exception. If this "person" was wronged by us, then let us make it right. Everyone has seen the email I sent since he put it word for word in that profile. Did we not take responsibility? So to go on running us down and calling us scammers is wrong. The profile should also be taken down. Not by SLS, by him. Please dont think we're attacking YOU. Just think how you would feel if someone made a whole profile that said "Herenoyment are fakes, frauds and scammers". We're used to simple complaints and gripes. This just went too far. Hopefully you agree.

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(282 posts)
Thank you qwerty! Well said. And all true except that we did get a few weeks notice on the bar. But 3 weeks might as well be 3 minutes. Not like I can move a party that big 3 weeks before New Years.

Now, so you all know. NO ONE(with one very obvious exception) has given us greif about the party. And we now know who it is. None other than our buddy from JJR. Now please dont fire up the old District vs. Ranch feud. I really thought we were past all that. Guess not. But I think its fair to make it public that the one making this big fuss about it WASNT EVEN AT THE PARTY. Oddly, he actually paid for a ticket. Bizarre huh? Money refunded. But heres the big question: WHY??? Why continue this? Jim, I'm not competing with you. I dont have a swing club. I dont have on premise parties. I dont care what you do or when or with who. Why not just promote yourself and leave us alone? Even if you got rid of us, what then? You dont have room for parties that big. There is plenty of room in this town for two whole parties. Or three or four even. No one wants to go to the same place and see the same people over and over. Why not work WITH us to make things better? I can see why you didnt use your real name this time. But did you really think it would work? These people are our friends. Yes, real life friends. And guess what, many of them go to your parties too. Still want to hurt them?? You're hurting yourself Jim. So how about we turn over a new leaf in 2011. Join us in making a better, friendlier lifestyle for everyone. Or just leave us alone. I wont bother unblocking you as you have several profiles now. Feel free to use one them if you'd like to contact us and work this out. We're honest, reasonable people. The ball is in your court.

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(282 posts)
It is unfortunate that Quality Inn and Suites treated the group the way that they did. I am going to address some of the issues and why they turned out the way they did and demonstrate how this was not Phil and Brandy's fault.

1. Total Hotel takeover: I am sure that the someone had told Phil that the Hotel was going to be a total takeover, however the bar manager, the hotel manager, and the owner with profits only on their mind said oh but what if they don't have a crowd, and the bar loses money for the night. We should just split the bar and keep it open on the front end for our regulars. Phil and Brandy show up, find out the truth too late to change venues, with 180 couples signed up expecting a good time so they just grin and bear it. In reality had we not had to share bathrooms with the vanilla's it wouldn't have been much of a deal, but it was out of hosts hands by this point. 2. Shitty service, shotty electric, and poor handling of the guests by the Hotel. It is unfortunate that the party ended up being on the coldest night that ABQ had seen in 4 years, nobody plans for that, the Hotel handled it poorly, no doubt they should have had maintenance people fixing the issue, but remember it was New Years Eve the Maintenance guys were off drunk having a good time too. The desk manager was pissed cause she had to work, especially through all the problems hence the "groove on" statement to racegirl. It in no way excuses her actions, but no doubt she wasn't happy to be there. 3. Had we been a convention of bible salesman, this could have been dealt with differently by the group and on hosts part. However to avoid negative publicity or the risk of "outing" any of us, we all just had to grin and bear it. The hotel, management, bar, all of them knew they had that over us, what were we to do go the action 7 news? I can see it now, Breaking News, group of swingers is upset because rooms were not warm, and they were mistreated by the hotel during some sort of public display of hedonism. I am sure my parents aren't the only ones that would have put two and two together and figured out that their angel child was part of that group. 4. I can guarantee that the hosts are not in this for the money. There are a lot of things out there with less stress and more profit than trying to please 180 couples. By the time the party is hopping, they are exhausted from the setup, the check in, and all the other things that come with trying to put this on. There is no way to have the oomph or the mojo to play after working that hard and having the naysayers start whining. In conclusion I will call out the people that complain that the party was expensive, nobody was having any fun, and all the other things I have seen complained about in various place. Look in the mirror, if you didn't have fun, it was your own shitty attitude or presentation that screwed up your good time. I saw lots of good times happening, hell it happened in our room with the door open for 3 hours. If you thought the price was high, go back to lurking on all the websites as a free member wondering why nobody will fuck you there either. Those of us that want to have a good time will continue to support anyone that steps out to have a party, hell we drive four and a half hours to find a party this good and we always try to make the best out of whatever situation is thrown at us. Phil and Brandy you guys did great! James and Kena

Deming NM
Username hidden
(3 posts)
A bill for the "unoccupied" rooms?---they were unoccupied because they had no electricity or heat !!! Unbelievable. We have no problem with paying more for rooms, would be worth it.

Canutillo TX
Username hidden
(8 posts)
Yes, we got pretty much the same response. And an $1100 bill for "unoccupied" rooms. Pretty safe to say we won't be returning there. Plus the issues with vanillas knowing we would be there. Time to move on. Moving to a nicer hotel will most likely mean higher prices, but we really can't have this happen again. But who knows, maybe we'll find a place that actually values our business. We'll do the best we can!!!!

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(282 posts)
Phil. this wasn't your fault. We were one of the cpls that got a room with no elec and no heat. But we need to stop rewarding that Hotel with our business. I complained about no electricity about 9 pm. And the Hotel managers response was. WHATS THE MATTER YOU CAN'T GET YOUR GROOVE ON WITH THE COLD WTF?????? I tried to be nice about it but, we stay in hotels a lot. It's none of her business what I'm doing in the room. Whether I'm partying or watching the news, I paid for the room & and am entitled to at the very least to a clean, comfortable room. Not going to do it again. And we Love All of our SLS friends....please go elsewhere for future parties.

L & T

Canutillo TX
Username hidden
(8 posts)
Friends,

We need to make a very public, very sincere apology to the people who had problems at the party. First, because of the extreme cold, and being booked to capacity, the hotel experienced electrical problems. The hotels handling of the situation was not good. We have expressed our extreme displeasure with them. Sadly it doesnt make up for ruining your night. For anyone who feels wronged by us personally, please email us and we will refund your party fee. We were informed by the hotel at about 10pm that they were having problems and would be moving people to other rooms/hotels. In some cases it never happened. Folks, as sorry as I am, I dont own a hotel. At 10pm on New Years Eve, there was nothing else I could do. Many of you were great about it. And I thank you so much for your understanding. We work very hard on these parties. I can assure you we dont do it for the money. In spite of everything, I know most folks had a great time. I really wish I could please everyone, but it'll never happen.

Second, the "raffle" mess. We never even knew there WAS one. We are making every effort to find the people that bought tickets and refund their money. Yes, out of our own pocket. It shouldn't have happened, but it did. We're very sorry. Had we known, we would have put a stop to it. So again, if you bought a "raffle" ticket, please email us and we'll get you your money back.

For everyone else, thank you so much coming out making it such a fun night. We try to make each event bigger and better than the last. Special thanks to S & S for doing the decorations!! Great job guys. We're really not sure where we'll go from here. If enough people feel that we're greedy money grubbing assholes, we'll step aside and let someone else do the parties. We have yet to actually MAKE any money on a party. But I guess I can see where people would think that. We've had a lot fun doing this over the years, but perhaps our run has come to an end. We thank you all for sharing this little slice of our life with us.

For "calling people out"- Give us your REAL handle and we'll refund your money.

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(282 posts)
Planning on doing a light dinner before going to the party about 6 pm or so anyone interested hit us up we would love to have dinner n a couple drinks n get to kno one another! 505-906-8434 or 505-906-8435

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(3 posts)
So that's it! The hotel is sold out. No really....SOLD OUT. They are holding a few emergency rooms for us at the hotel next door. No point in emailing us for one though, as we're on our way to the hotel to set up. The list is made. Hope you got on it! If not, you'll have to hope we're nearby when you arrive. No promises that anyone else will get in. So like I said, thats it!! PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(282 posts)
See you all tomorrow night. :) JTL

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(10 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 56   End
TOPIC: The District's Eyes Wide Shut New Years Eve Ball