Union Street Bed and Breakfast - Schenectady,NY : Swingers Discussion 50137
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSClubsNew York Swingers ClubsUnion Street Bed and Breakfast - Schenectady,NY
TOPIC: Union Street Bed and Breakfast - Schenectady,NY
Created by: harleygeo The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
Below is an article from the Times Union from 02/11/2006. The owner's name and address were omitted from the article in this post, but they are included in the actual article.

Officers focused on inn's parties Schenectady police say undercover cops went to swinger events to investigate. By MIKE GOODWIN, Staff writer Click byline for more stories by writer. First published: Saturday, February 11, 2006

SCHENECTADY -- An attorney for the city said Friday that police ran an undercover investigation of the Union Street Bed and Breakfast last year, the first public acknowledgment of a criminal probe into the racy inn.

The investigation, which predates neighbors' complaints of sex parties at (name and address omitted), led to no criminal charges and is dormant.

Assistant Corporation Counsel L. John Van Norden said a recent public uproar -- and media coverage -- about adult parties held at the inn has ended any chance of future undercover operations at the B&B.

"There was a law enforcement investigation that was focused on the place," Van Norden said Friday evening. "We had an ongoing investigation. It is now compromised. It's not going anywhere now."

"You can tell by the way they act," (name omitted) said. He said he believed several bashful visitors who kept to themselves during parties at the inn were probably police officers.

"They found nothing wrong," he said.

Van Norden declined to discuss what kinds of crimes police were looking into, but (name omitted) said some visitors to the club have offered to pay for sex.

"I just tell them that I don't go there. I tell them I'm on the up-and-up -- and I don't take money for prostitution," he said. "I have nothing to hide. They can come here and check me out as much as they want."

It was unclear Friday how long the investigation lasted, or when it stopped. City officials said they were unaware of the escapades at the inn until Dana Swalla, a resident of nearby Phoenix Avenue, circulated petitions to enlist support to close it. Van Norden said he learned about the police investigation when his office began looking into complaints from Swalla and other neighbors.

The disclosure comes as Swalla and other residents are pressuring the city to find a way to close the inn. At the same time, (name omitted) has hired high-powered Albany attorney Stephen Coffey. He's also preparing to sell other property he owns in the city in anticipation of financing a lengthy legal battle over the club's right to exist if the government takes action against it.

Swalla says a sex club posing as a B&B does not belong in a respectable neighborhood and might violate zoning rules forbidding adult businesses in residential areas.

But (name omitted) said he lives at the inn and the private parties are part of his social life, not part of the B&B's business. However, Swalla and others say the sex parties and the inn intertwine in literature (name omitted) posts on the B&B's Web site, making them skeptical about his claim that the parties are simply a social club for his friends.

(Name omitted) faces potential legal challenges from both the city and county. The city is examining whether the business violates any codes or other ordinances. The county is looking into whether (name omitted) paid bed and sales taxes, and whether the parties -- for which (name omitted) charges a fee for food and clean-up -- violate a state sanitary law that forbids establishments that charge a membership, entry or service fee to make their facilities available for sexual activity.

Shickshinny PA
Username hidden
(137 posts)
We know a guy in another state that ran a bar and had regular M&G's at his place. There was no sex on premise and he was in the middle of an industrial/commercial area, in fact he was off the main road and you actually had to go looking for his place to find it. Anyway, the locals didn't like it and eventually shut him down. He lost his liquor license and everything over it. They went so far as to pull his SLS profile as part of their 'proof' he was running a 'sex club', and also pulled a website that was setup for the M&G's and upcoming events. This website was completely separate from his business site, and technically he didn't even run the M&G's, there were separate hosts that ran the parties, but none of that mattered to them. Bottom line was the local government didn't care and went after him with a vengeance. He pretty much lost everything.

So what is my point in all this ranting? Publicity is a very bad thing when it comes to swinging. The 'moral majority' think we are all degenerates and should be locked up, so they will stop at nothing to shut a place down once they know about it. I applaud his effort and having the balls to defending himself and our rights to swing as a lifestyle choice, but going on radio like he did and even throwing some insults around was not a very wise decision... like I said above about a friend that just ran M&G's with NO sex on premise... once they decide they want you, they won't stop.

This whole thing was a very bad and sad day for swingers... This place if kept quiet was beautiful and would have been a great place to meet and play locally. We were hoping it would be a place we went to on a regular basis. We did have some concerns with the owner about a few things that happened on our first visit, but we discussed it with him and he assured us that they were taken care of. It's just way too public and controversial now in our opinion.

Shickshinny PA
Username hidden
(137 posts)
Whether they trump up some zoning law or violation is one thing. It's pretty much inevitable this isn't over and something is going to come of it.

The other thing, and this is what bothers us is all the publicity this is getting. Swinging is about privacy and being discrete... and this is definitely no longer a private situation. On some public forums people are suggesting that local residents take pictures of those showing up for the parties. Granted the owner said people can park in the back, but who wants to go someplace where they have to wonder if their picture is being taken, or their license plate number is being written down? I can understand the owner wanting to defend the place and our lifestyle, but what the hell was he thinking by going to the papers, then local radio talk shows, morning radio shows... wow. We do hold the owner responsible for some of his actions and question why he went so public.

We've been there once. It is a beautiful place, but the idea of non-swinging residents was something we just didn't like at all, but it was OUR choice not to go back, not the general public's to say we couldn't go there. The police did show up the night we went. Nothing happened and it was all handled, but it was still unnerving not knowing if the situation was going to blow over or if it would end up in a raid of the place. In fact lack of any actions right now even with all the press and publicity doesn't mean a thing. Once they get their investigation done and come up with a game plan and the proper paperwork/legal proceedings, we won't be surprised to hear all over the news that there was a raid.

I really don't want to see that happen, but we're also not going to take any chances either. The last thing we need is our names in the paper that we were arrested as part of a raid on a 'sex party' (and we hate that term because what he is doing is NOT how they are making it sound). I doubt I would have a job the next day if something like that came out.

Like I said, this all became way to public and we think the owner owed all of us the right of privacy in this matter. I'm sure his intentions were good and in his mind he was probably just trying to 'educate' people and let them know there are more people in the lifestyle than most are aware of, but good intentions aside... making this a public spectacle was a very bad move. Oh, if anyone disagrees with my opinions... Mike Goodwin, a reporter from the Times Union actually went to one of the parties. Since when was it okay to allow non-swingers to attend a party for the sake of a NEWS STORY? See what I mean about the privacy issue and how this is out of control now? We do this for fun and spice, not to be on display like a zoo, or worse as the public wants to portray it... a circus freak show. It's really none of their business, well... it wasn't until it all went public...

People without a clue about the lifestyle are saying we are increasing the local crime rate, spreading diseases, I even read one forum post that mentioned animal sex! See how this gets blown out of proportion when it becomes a news item and publicly known? None of what they are saying is true, yet it is getting printed and makes for great news.

Shickshinny PA
Username hidden
(137 posts)
Awesome place, we enjoy going there. The Host, Bob is the best. Thanks Bob. The place is very clean and relaxing, no pressure and no drama. Hi Saratoga Swingers lol....Hope to meet you all there....

Feura Bush NY
Username hidden
(3 posts)
One of the best party places around,the host is great,and eveyone I have met there is so nice....

Utica NY
Username hidden
(3 posts)
A great place to visit and to play. The host is excellent, and we've always had fun there.

Amsterdam NY
Username hidden
(66 posts)
This Forum is for discussion about the Swingers Club Union Street Bed and Breakfast

Kissimmee FL
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Union Street Bed and Breakfast - Schenectady,NY